Monday, April 11, 2005

To Blog or NOT to Blog...?

I'm not sure about the extent I wish to use this since I'm a teacher and now have some sort of public appearance to maintain! I suppose I could have a secret life and not talk about "reality" but as a die-hard realist, what fun would that be? Realism, coupled with sporadic bouts of philosophical conundrum, ennui, and revelation don't make me seem all that realistic. I am a realist in the literary sense. But I'm also the type of person who will stay up all night taking personality tests http://similarminds.com/personality_tests.html or reading about Agrippa http://www.renaissanceastrology.com/agrippa.html or Buchenwald and Female SS agents for NO REASON!!! I'm sure there was some reason... I was probably writing lesson plans or some such other thing (since my work is never done) and somehow surfed on in. Oh yeah, I was reading the Straight Dope by Cecil Adams, and found the topic about the lamp shades made from the skin of concentration camp victims which were alleged but not proven to be real. Nothing like a little viscera to give you some perspective.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home