Neurotechnology...
Last night at a party my husband was talking about this idea for a book he has and it involved people having the same dream (collectively) for like, 2 weeks, and it was the best dream they ever had... then when they are finished the next time they move their bowels they shit these little creatures (I didn't quite catch the size) that go build an alternate universe and then an evil force corrupts it (I don't want to say too much because it's a really neat idea, a la Delicatessen type...).
So this spawned an arguement - one of our skeptical friends said that your brain can make excretions, that it doesn't excrete. I tried (in vain because no one really ever listens to me) to explain that all metabolic processes create byproducts and that of course your brain contributes to some of the materials in your elminations... and of course, this morning I wanted to verify that for my OWN piece of mind... (in case that piece might end up forming it's own alternate universe...) If fish can be found to have elevated progesterone and estrogen levels, then Fraggle like creatures could surely emerge from our turds and form their own universe. I find that incredibly likely in fact.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neurotechnology
http://www.nimh.nih.gov/neuroinformatics/index.cfm
http://www.corante.com/brainwaves/archives/2004_04.html
So this spawned an arguement - one of our skeptical friends said that your brain can make excretions, that it doesn't excrete. I tried (in vain because no one really ever listens to me) to explain that all metabolic processes create byproducts and that of course your brain contributes to some of the materials in your elminations... and of course, this morning I wanted to verify that for my OWN piece of mind... (in case that piece might end up forming it's own alternate universe...) If fish can be found to have elevated progesterone and estrogen levels, then Fraggle like creatures could surely emerge from our turds and form their own universe. I find that incredibly likely in fact.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neurotechnology
http://www.nimh.nih.gov/neuroinformatics/index.cfm
http://www.corante.com/brainwaves/archives/2004_04.html

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home