This makes me want to drink BEER!
I was a human Trip Toy ← Back to Dashboard ? Help x Sign Out Posting Settings Template View Blog Create Edit posts Status Are you sure you want to delete this post?
This makes me want to drink BEER
This:
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20050615/ap_on_re_us/failing_students_1
An article about how teachers in California "urged" to pass kids so they can graduate...
then this:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/usatoday/warningyourcleverlittleblogcouldgetyoufired;
An article about a guy getting fired for his Blog - (last February, 2004... BFD!!! this is how they make us think things are happening all at once... phooey).
So I go to his Blog, http://gravityspike.blogspot.com and he lives in Seattle and one of his entries talked about a pint. Yum. But I am resisting. I am writing in my Blog so I don't just drink a shiteload of beer. Paranoia being fed by the fact that I shouldn't have a Blog since I'm a teacher. Or maybe I shouldn't say I'm a teacher. On my Blog. But why am I in a profession where I can't speak my mind or be a normal human being? I feel like I am supposed to be June Cleaver, live up to some totally NOT ME persona. Alas... phooey I say again. I was going to post on the Yahoo! message board on the article about how schools all over the country are doing the same thing because NCLB is so totally BOGUS like omigawd.
I do find the dichotomy between the unprecedented ability to instantaniously publish your random thoughts for the world to see and Neo-McCarthyism to be somewhat harrowing. Is NeoMcCarthyism even a real thing? Hmmm... Anyway.. whatever. I wouldn't be normal if I weren't neurotic.
Soooo yeah.
That's that.
Oh looked up Neo-McCarthyism. Don't know if this makes me cool or fucking illiterate, but check it out:
"Neo-McCarthyism is a term used in Dazed and Confused, in a line given from Mike to Pink on the topic of the football coach's decision to implement a contract saying that the signer will not indulge in any illegal activity over the summer. The term McCarthyism is referring to the actions of Senator McCarthy in trying to "root out" communists in the United States of America during the 1950's."
Accessed via www, today - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neo-mccarthyism
Happy to say that today's featured article is on the Book of Kells! How cool is that? The 8th century - ahhh, THOSE were the good old days.
This makes me want to drink BEER
This:
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20050615/ap_on_re_us/failing_students_1
An article about how teachers in California "urged" to pass kids so they can graduate...
then this:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/usatoday/warningyourcleverlittleblogcouldgetyoufired;
An article about a guy getting fired for his Blog - (last February, 2004... BFD!!! this is how they make us think things are happening all at once... phooey).
So I go to his Blog, http://gravityspike.blogspot.com and he lives in Seattle and one of his entries talked about a pint. Yum. But I am resisting. I am writing in my Blog so I don't just drink a shiteload of beer. Paranoia being fed by the fact that I shouldn't have a Blog since I'm a teacher. Or maybe I shouldn't say I'm a teacher. On my Blog. But why am I in a profession where I can't speak my mind or be a normal human being? I feel like I am supposed to be June Cleaver, live up to some totally NOT ME persona. Alas... phooey I say again. I was going to post on the Yahoo! message board on the article about how schools all over the country are doing the same thing because NCLB is so totally BOGUS like omigawd.
I do find the dichotomy between the unprecedented ability to instantaniously publish your random thoughts for the world to see and Neo-McCarthyism to be somewhat harrowing. Is NeoMcCarthyism even a real thing? Hmmm... Anyway.. whatever. I wouldn't be normal if I weren't neurotic.
Soooo yeah.
That's that.
Oh looked up Neo-McCarthyism. Don't know if this makes me cool or fucking illiterate, but check it out:
"Neo-McCarthyism is a term used in Dazed and Confused, in a line given from Mike to Pink on the topic of the football coach's decision to implement a contract saying that the signer will not indulge in any illegal activity over the summer. The term McCarthyism is referring to the actions of Senator McCarthy in trying to "root out" communists in the United States of America during the 1950's."
Accessed via www, today - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neo-mccarthyism
Happy to say that today's featured article is on the Book of Kells! How cool is that? The 8th century - ahhh, THOSE were the good old days.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home